Saturday, 27 November 2010

THE CHRISTMAS CHUTNEY IS MADE!

I have, today, cooked up 6 lovely jars of my Christmas Chutney. It simmered away for 45 minutes, meaning I had a few complaints from my son about the lovely, cider vinegar-y, sugary, fruity, spicy smell that was floating around every corner of the house! I've made 3 big jars - probably all for me, as I'm the one who loves it with cheese, in sandwiches, with cold meats, in Ploughman's lunches etc - and 3 small jars which, I may, if absolutely necessary, give away as gifts with the regulation circle of Christmassy fabric, cut out with pinking shears and secured with a rubber band over the lid!
Or I may just eat it all - by the end of the summer it could all be gone, but by then it will have also improved in taste, so will be even better!
Happy chutney making!

No comments: