Sunday, 20 November 2011

HOW TO GET YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR (ALMOST) NOTHING

Well it's Sunday, and, as it's always free to park in my nearest town on Sunday, I've gone and done some Christmas shopping, but I managed not to spend too much! I've used my loyalty cards and cash-back websites where I can and here's what I've achieved so far:
  • 11 bottles of wine for about £3 which will top up my very low Christmas drinks stock, using the Tesco Clubcard Double points exchange (I changed up £30 worth of vouchers and went over my £60 self-imposed limit a bit with my last bottle of wine!)
  • a gift for my niece, paid for with my Boots Advantage Card points
  • a Dorothy Perkins £10 voucher from a cashback website I use, that'll be another gift!
  • John Lewis vouchers from our credit card spending all year - not spent yet, but they will buy turkey, cake, pudding, mince pies, custard, tree chocolates and more in Waitrose.
  • 2 presents from Accessorise with a 25% discount from an emailed discount for instore and online (I had to show them the email on my phone!)
  • 2 lip glosses I've received from online giveaways - more gifts for the girls in the family!
So, I'm not doing too badly on the spending so far- and just for a bit of effort with the loyalty and credit cards on routine weekly shopping that I would be doing anyway!

No comments: