Sunday, 27 July 2014

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

It's only July and I don't normally resurrect my Happy Frugal Christmas blog until at least October, even though there only 150 days to Christmas! But my viewing stats are telling me that you frugal people are already out there thinking about how to plan to afford a great Christmas! And what a great idea that is - planning always saves money and leaving all our Christmas buying to the last minute always, always costs us more. 
If, like me, you love charity shop browsing, start now especially if you're away on holiday! I often get great bargains when I'm away from home and these go into my "Christmas gift drawer". 
I never leave home for a charity shop day without my Christmas pressy list (which tells me who I've got to buy for and who I already have bought for) and there are often many brand new bargains to be found. 
However, don't just leave it at buying a new, unopened item - if you can sew, look out for fabric remanants (I've just found a beautiful piece of Liberty silk!) or large curtains and patterned duvet covers - these can made into scarves, bags, quilts, cushion covers, soft toys etc and no-one will ever know, saving on the horrendous cost of new fabric from the craft shop! 
Happy frugal Christmas planning!
Need crafty Christmas gift inspiration? Take a look at Free Christmas knitting patterns and Free Christmas crochet patterns!

No comments: